With Irish Strawberry season started, and the beautiful weather we’re having. why not go with a simple strawberry dessert. but simple doesnt have to mean boring. with this dish its all about flavour. but there’s no harm, in making it stunning to look at also.
White chocolate and mascarpone cream
500g white chocolate
150g egg yolks
150g caster sugar
250g whipped cream
1) To start whip cream. store in fridge.
2) Add sugar and water to pan. heat to 121 degreees
3) while the sugar is boiling, whip egg yolks to sabayon.
4) once syrup is at temperature drizzle over egg. mix till cool.
5) melt chocolate. drop in temperature. fold eggs into cream, chocolate, then mascarpone.
110g caster sugar
360g T55 flour
1) cream butter and sugar till pale.
2) fold in flour. rest for 30 mins.
3) cut into cookies. bake at 190 degrees for 15 mins.
4) once cooled. crush.
125g caster sugar
5g Agar Agar
250g strawberry puree
1) heat sugar, water and agar to a boil.
2) boil for 2 minutes to rehydrate the Agar Agar.
3) remove from stove add puree and chill.
4) once cool puree. add more strawberry puree to desired consistency. pass through sieve for smooth texture.
And thats it guys. very simple.
i started plating with shortbread crumb at base. piped the cream, layered with fresh strawberries and gel. with fresh mint from the garden.
this loosely based on a cheesecake with the addition of gelatine for a more fresher feel to it.
Happy cooking guys